If you’re seeking out an experienced lawyer to help you win your personal injury case, you are already taking the first great step to securing fair restitution for your medical needs. With all of us at Borrus, Goldin, Foley, Vignuolo, Hyman & Stahl P.C, you can be sure that you’ll have an experienced and accomplished team on your side to fight for your legal injury needs. However, there are several key steps that you can take as well to provide you with the best opportunities to prove your case and ensure you receive the best financial settlement for your bodily well-being.
- Take care of immediate medical needs. This one should be self-explanatory, but you can damage your chances at getting later compensation if you can’t prove what the immediate effects of your injury were, and what might have occurred from later unrelated circumstances. And of course, you need to take care of yourself in the short term as well!
- While getting treatment, make sure it’s covered by your insurance network as much as you can. This will save you headaches along the way fighting with your insurance company and prove that you’ve been trying to do everything along the rules.
- Always tell your doctors about your injuries each time you visit, and any ongoing issues they’ve caused for you. This will make sure that they have your evolving complaints or side effects on record, and they can be called upon to testify regarding your injuries.
- Go to every doctor and physical therapy appointment, and make sure you follow their instructions You’re trying to heal, and want to be able to prove this to anyone who should come questioning that reality.
- Keep your lawyer in the loop with your medical care or any changes to your work status. We’re your best ally in this case, and to help you win it, need to be aware of all pertinent information, even if you might not realize its importance upfront.
- Record all of your injuries or property damage with photographs, immediately following the incident and ongoing if there are any notable changes. Having concrete proof is important in proving your injuries. The old adage ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ is true here too!
- Hold on to any objects that might be related to the case, and could be used as evidence. If you were the victim of a malfunctioning product, hold on to the packaging as well as the physical item.
- Make social media private. If you haven’t done this already, it’s imperative to do so immediately and to remove any posts about the case. This can and will be used against you—and how many of your Facebook friends can you really trust to keep your information secure?
- Stay accessible to your lawyer, and let us know if you have any chances in phone number, address, or are going to be unavailable for any period of time. We’ll need to be able to get in touch with you, and encourage you to reach out to us frequently as well.
When you take case of the records and your personal steps to achieving a beneficial solution in your personal injury case, working with attorneys David Foley and Steven Fox is the ideal next step in making sure you receive the medical care and legal recognition you deserve. Contact our North Brunswick office at 732-422-1000 to speak with an attorney about how we can work with you to win your case.